Email / Managing Director
Business Bio: Gary is our Managing Director – taking overall responsibility for the delivery of a continually evolving proactive service range.
Gary hates bean-counting – his passion lies in seeking to deliver strategic business developments and tailored client support services that maximise client value from Barrons.
Gary is able to draw upon a wide range of business experience built up through
- operating in industry as a Finance Director;
- the delivery of external consultancy services;
- operating as a business turnaround and interim manager;
- supporting the delivery of Bank independent reporting assignments on behalf of other professionals;
- acting as a Non Executive director;
- acting as a Trustee in a public services organisation;
- his own personal involvement in corporate investments;
- as well as his core Practice based experiences that extend over 35 years.
Gary is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Gary is a devoted sports fan, and is very easily lost to most sports that are there to be supported, particularly where England are concerned!
An avid supporter of rugby, cricket, boxing and football in particular, Gary was proud to be present as
- Lennox Lewis drew with Evander Holyfield in their first fight in 1999 at Madison Square Gardens, New York;
- England won the 2003 Rugby World Cup in Australia;
- England won the (pivotal) Second Ashes Test against the Aussies when a certain Freddie Flintoff came to town…
- England finished runners up in the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France;
- Usaine Bolt won the 100m and Britain’s Christine Ohuruogu the silver in the 400m one week and then Luke Campbell win gold the next at the London 2012 Olympics;
- England were knocked out in the First Round of the 2015 Rugby World Cup (still smarting about that one!);
- England finished 4th in the 2018 Football World Cup in Russia;
- England won the Super Over in the 2019 Cricket World Cup held at Lords;
- England again finished runners up in the 2019 World Cup held in Japan.
And many, many more sporting occasions that Gary has had the pleasure to attend over the years…
Other interests are, of course, his family and personal training – when he has the time!