Business Bio: Russell is our statutory and compliance partner – taking overall responsibility for the delivery of our core statutory accounting services.
Russell has over 25 years of experience in public practice dealing with client’s statutory accounting and taxation needs. Primarily in the owner managed SME market dealing with clients from start up to multimillion turnover groups.
Russell is able to draw upon a wide range of business experience built up through
- 25 years in public practice;
- wealth of Audit experience on various business sectors;
- expertise in advising and supporting new start up business;
- experience of various specialist audit and reporting areas such as BSOG, SRA work and ATOL;
- 10 years as primary Audit RI at the practice;
- acting as a Governor in a local primary school supporting the financial management and systems;
- working closely with owner managers supporting all aspects of legal and statutory reporting requirements across a range of business types;
- 20 years of knowledge of the specific client base of the practice.
Russell is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Russell is a keen sportsman particularly enjoying Football, Cricket and Golf.
Unfortunately his playing days are now in the past but after 30 years of playing he now takes a keen interest in supporting Grass Roots Football, volunteering to assist Leigh Ramblers Girls and Ladies Football Club in his spare time.
Russell also volunteers as a School Governor at a local Primary School.
Aside from Sport Russell has a keen interest in all things historical which he will happily talk incessantly to the team at Barrons about much to their enjoyment or so he believes!
Russell is married with three daughters and enjoys nothing more than spending time with the family and supporting his Girls in their various and varied hobbies!
As I am sure many will associate with he operates a very efficient Dad’s Taxi service 24/7